Monday, June 6, 2011

Starting Weigh In: Plus Size Bloggers Tracking Challenge: Bye Bye Booties/STSC Day 1

I'm wanting this to be an honest, open blog and I plan to put it all out there no matter how embarassing. So, without further ado....


There it is in all of it's glory. I've decided that I will not do Weight Watchers. We just can't afford it right now. I've noticed some other challenger blogs mentioned using Myfitnesspal.com. I figured I would give it a shot.  Here are my daily calories and exercise for today.

Now for the dreaded before shots.  If this isn't depressing enough to get me motivated I don't know what is...



Now the water is an entirely different story.  I'm down to finishing up my 4th 20oz bottle.  I am done for the night and am really tired.  I think I'll be heading to bed. I'll be sure to visit my fellow challengers tomorrow.  Good Luck and God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you, Kristy! You are a strong woman!

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be tall because I don't think you look 271. Think how awesome those pictures will be by the end of the summer! Can't wait for comparison shots!

    Hope Myfitnesspal works out for you, stick with it and you'll succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah aww thank you! I needed to hear that.

    @Debbi I'm 5'7" My mom has told me many times that I carry my weight well, whatever that means. I just have the fat evenly distributed all over my body. :) I can't wait for the comparison shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy,

    www.sparkpeople.com is also a free resourse you can look into. The also offer a way to track your exercise and food. Along with tons of other free stuff.

    If you are interested in WW, you can email me findingchristi@gmail.com I'd be more than happy to share my WW e-tools log in with you. I pay for it, but never use it. To me tracking WW points is far easier than keeping up with calories. Don't know why, but that is my opinion.

    Best wishes,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Christi I'll have to check out Sparkpeople. Thanks for the offer on the WW program. Do you like the new program? I've done WW before, but wasn't sure about the changes and haven't really heard if people are losing or if they like the new plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the new program, but I had never done weight watchers much before so I don't have a strong comparision. When I work the program I have great results. I have been very lax lately :( To the point that I am going on vacation in 11 days, and don't really see the point of "getting on program" until I get back. Bad attitude I know. That is something else I'm working on. Well the invitation to look around/use my WW e-tools is open. I pay for the weekly meetings and it is included. I tried using it, but never really have. I log my food in pencil, it is instant and I never forget that way. About the only thing I use the e-tools for is to look up recipes or points for foods/activities.
    Anyways, another thing you may want to look into is, if you are doing a weekly calorie goal. I read in a Julian Michaels book that you should vary the number of calories you consume each day instead of eating the same amount every single day. According to the book, by doing this you keep your body from become too use to the number of calories you are consuming. This is suppose to encourage weight loss. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...