Tomorrow is the big day. I've done really well on following Brad Gansberg's Program Learn to Run a 5K in 100 days. I'm just having a hard time doing anything else. I found this challenge while reading blogs and just knew that this is exactly what I needed. I've been going back and forth about whether to start weight watchers. I have to drive quite a ways to make the meetings, but I just don't have the discipline to do this on my own. I'm thinking I may need the support. The meetings are on Wednesdays, so I guess I have a couple of days to decide if I'm going to need it or not.
We are supposed to list our goals for the Summer Challenge so here goes:
1. Track food. I plan on tracking every single morsel that enters my mouth. Even if it is a single piece of gum, or a bite off of stinkers plate. The challenge prefers keeping calories below 10,000 calories a week, that will be my plan. If I decide to do weight watchers I will stay within my points every day.
2. Water. It is said that you should have half your body weight in water. That's a whole lot of stinkin water for someone my size. I'm going to shoot for 120 ounces of water.
3. Weigh In. My goal is to lose 10% of my weight in the next 12 weeks, which is 27 pounds. I will weigh in every Monday and post my loss on my blog. If I start Weight Watchers, weigh in day is on Wednesdays. I may post a special weigh in on Mondays for this challenge.
4. Exercise. I will continue to do 5K in 100 days, which is basically 45 minutes cardio 3x a week. My goal is to run a 5k when this challenge is complete. I need to schedule a run so that I have a race to prepare for.
5. Document. I will be here everyday blogging my success, setbacks and menus. I know that the most important element is accountability. I'm looking forward to following along with my fellow participants and cheering them on as well.
I definitely have my work cut out for me. I'm looking forward to what this challenge will bring, and I'm at that point in my life where I'm not going to sit on the sidelines any more. This weight will come off and I know if I follow the above goals I will succeed.