This is the beginning of a new week for Slimmer this Summer and Plus Size Bloggers. I just wanted to do a quick Monday update on last weeks progress.
The goals that I set for myself last week:
1. Track food. I plan on tracking every single morsel that enters my mouth. Even if it is a single piece of gum, or a bite off of stinkers plate. The challenge prefers keeping calories below 10,000 calories a week, that will be my plan. If I decide to do weight watchers I will stay within my points every day.
I did really well with tracking my food Monday - Friday but I slacked off over the weekend, and I know I need to work on that.
2. Water. It is said that you should have half your body weight in water. That's a whole lot of stinkin water for someone my size. I'm going to shoot for 120 ounces of water.
This is one goal that is really difficult for me. I would do really well one day and totally slack off another day. I bought a cup at WalMart, it has the gel inside that freezes to keep your drink cool and is really pretty. I'm hoping that will make it more enticing to drink the water. I'm thinking my goal of 120 oz is shooting too high for me right now. I will be happy with just the daily recommended amount of 64 oz, which is two pretty pink cup fulls.
3. Weigh In. My goal is to lose 10% of my weight in the next 12 weeks, which is 27 pounds. I will weigh in every Monday and post my loss on my blog. If I start Weight Watchers, weigh in day is on Wednesdays. I may post a special weigh in on Mondays for this challenge.
I'm slowly on my weigh (hehe) with this goal. I lost 3.6 pounds this week. I have to admit I was hoping for more, but I realize the water drinking wasn't the best and I'm building muscle from my runs so that may show on the scale. See, I can be optimistic. :) Here is my scale shot from this morning.
4. Exercise. I will continue to do 5K in 100 days, which is basically 45 minutes cardio 3x a week. My goal is to run a 5k when this challenge is complete. I need to schedule a run so that I have a race to prepare for.
I'm doing great on my runs with Brad Gansbergs, 5K in 100 days. I completed week 2 run 3 Saturday. Check out my post Reflections. I received in the mail my Mytrak. I've charged it up and plan on wearing it all this week. I am supposed to keep the round circle in the green. They say the first week it is learning how active you are, and then it will be tougher to keep in the green. I'll know more about it in next week's post.
5. Document. I will be here everyday blogging my success, setbacks and menus. I know that the most important element is accountability. I'm looking forward to following along with my fellow participants and cheering them on as well.
I had a hard time last week keeping up with all of the blogs, but I did my best to check out at least two blogs a day. This week I've already went and checked out everyone's blog who has linked up to the challenge, and I think I subscribed to most of you. I'm really excited to read about the success that this challenge has brought in just one week and look forward to many weeks of success. Thank you to everyone who is stopping by and encouraging me along the way. I really look forward to all of the comments. I hope everyone has a wonderful week and many healthy losses.